This cruise, rich and varied, brings you to explore the most stunning scuba diving area of Indonesia! Your journey starts in the fabulous Raja Ampat National Park, more precisely in Misool, epicenter of the biodiversity in the world. This underwater wonderland is an Eden for divers! Then we head to the historical Banda islands where hammerheads can be spotted! In the Ambon’s bay. Temple of the muck diving with the famous Lembeh’s strait, Laha is the mecca for underwater photographers looking for Critters. Hairy frogfish, Indian walkman, Ambon scorpionfish, Rhinopias, Ghost pipefish, Seahorses and other creatures could be observed there.
Pick up from the airport and transfer to the boat. Welcome drink and introduction of the boat, cruise and team. We require a minimum level of Open Water – 30 logged dives.
Dive 1: First dive check in Lampu Merah, Sorong area
Dive 2: Possible if flight schedule allows it.
3 or 4 dives in those spots:
- Sardine, THE seamount of the strait.
- Cape Kri, one of the Dampier Straight highlight. An impressive marine life. Large school of barracudas, big eyes trevallies, sweatlips, snappers, Encounter with grey reef and blacktip sharks, spanish mackerel, turtles…Intense!
- Friwibonda, perfect for a check dive
- Blue Magic, submerged reef, grey reef sharks, barracudas, tazars, sometimes manta rays.
- Myoskon, maximum depth 25m, Wobbegong or carpet sharks, sweetlips, black tip sharks, snappers.
- Arborek Pier, sublime corals fixed under a pontoon, even better at night!
Dive 1: Melissa’s Garden, Another chance to visit the fabulous coral garden.
Dive 2: My Reef, is a submerged ridge with a wonderful hard coral garden and a hotspot for fish activity.
Dive 3: Keruo Channel, is a spectacular wall covered in colourful sponges and nudibranchs. Amazing landscapes and bays, climb Pianemo hill for the MUST Shot ! Overnight sailing to Misool.
Day 4 – 6
8 – 10 dives in those spots, night dives possible:
- Wagmab, caves or sandy slopes covered in soft corals.
- Farondi, surprising site with a cave, a swimthrough and a nice wall with overhangs.
- Goa Besar, a wall dive with a tunnel at 25 meters that is inhabited by midnight snapper and shy Indonesian sweetlips.
- Macro Rock will let the photographers satisfied as well.
- Fiabacet, pinnacle famous for the numerous schools of fish.
- Fiabacet Ridge, Underwater ridge linking Tank Rock and Nudi Rock dive sites. Wobbegong, groupers and yellow fins barracudas.
- Boo Rock, another highlight! Seamount in the Eastern part of Warakaraket, a theater of marine life at its best. Sharks and pelagics are part of the show!
- Nudi Rock: this site is a must for critter enthusiasts and macro photographers.
- 4 Kings, one of the highlight of Misool. 4 submerged pinnacles in the middle of nowhere. Pelagic action, soft corals, fishes and fishes…
- Barracuda Rock, wall with overhangs and lots of fish action. Solitary and yellow fins barracudas.
- Kaleidoscope Reef, underwater ridge in the North-West tip of Pele. Bushes of black coral and multicolor fields of sea fans.
Overnight sailing to Koon.
Dive 1: Too Many Fish, sandy slope famous for being a breeding site for groupers (a zone under the WWF protection). Attracts numerous schools of fish, great diversity of species: Raja Ampat style!
Dive 2: Koon Wall, close from Too Many Fish, perfect for the second dive of the day.
Dive 3: Too Many Fish, because you cannot get enough!
Overnight sailing to Manuk
Dive 1, 2 & 3: “Snake Volcano”. Hot rocks and ascending bubbles from the bottom. This spot is filled by harmless by sea snakes
Dive 1 & 2: Let’s start the day with another hammerhead hunt on Karang Hatta and its schools of Jack fish! Heading then to Bandaneira, a large choice of dive sites is available, from volcanic rock at Pohon Miring to the black sandy bottom of Banda’s harbor.
Dive 4: Bandaneira pier, sunset dive to look for some of the Mandarin Fish hiding there.
Possible Land excursion: Banda Neira and its traditional market, historic fort and small Maritime Museum.
Dive 1: Suanggi, its walls, tons of fish, and a good chance to observe some Hammerheads!
Dive 2 & 3: The Pinnacle and East Corner.
Overnight sailing to Nusa Laut.
Dive 1 & 2: Amed’s Village, well preserved coral gardens, beautiful walls and numerous fishes on the reef.
Dive 3: Arch of Archon, endless walls. Mobulas, BlackTip reef sharks, tunas or even Hammerhead can be spotted there.
Overnight sailing to Ambon.
Dive 1: Rhino City, a highlight of Ambon fish life is the famous and elusive rhinopias, a scorpionfish native to the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
Dive 2: Twilight Zone, in Ambon natural harbor where is possibly the best of all muck dive sites.
Dive 3: Silale, colorful elephant ear sponges along with brightly colored leaffish and nudibranchs.
Dive 4: Laha, a last dive dedicated to Muck diving.
End of the trip and transfer to airport according to your flight schedule.
The route and dives are always organized according to the weather conditions, the currents and tides.