This cruise, rich and varied, brings you to explore the most stunning area of Indonesia. Discover the unique archipelago of Raja Ampat, located off the Papua coast. This area of 40000km2 is a five stars biodiversity heaven, offering plenty of enchanting islands and of course, an exceptional marine life. The exploration of this breathtaking region aboard one of our boats promises memorable land excursions and fabulous diving experiences.
Pick up from the airport and transfer to the boat. Welcome drink and introduction of the boat, cruise and team. We require a minimum level of Open Water – 30 logged dives.
Dive 1: First dive check in Lampu Merah, Sorong area. Overnight sailing to Misool
Dive 1,Vibrant Color and Dive 2, Warna Berwarna: As the name tells you, the coral garden here is amazing, covered by orange or pink soft coral and huge sea fans where we’ll look for the Pygmy Seahorse!
Dive 3: Candy Store, the wall will leave you speechless, from its beauty, color, and density. School of fish are expected here, such as Barracudas or fusilliers, playing in the current. Navigation to Fabiacet.
Day 3 – 5
10 – 12 dives in those spots, night dives possible:
- Fiabacet Ridge, Underwater ridge linking Tank Rock and Nudi Rock dive sites. Wobbegong, groupers and yellow fins barracudas.
- Fiabacet, pinnacle famous for the numerous schools of fish.
- Nudi Rock: this site is a must for critter enthusiasts and macro photographers.
- Whale Rock, just like almost everywhere in Misool, you can find here a great variety of pygmy seahorses such as Barbiganti and Denise.
- Magic Mountain, another highlight! Seamount in the Eastern part of Warakaraket, a theater of marine life at its best. Sharks and pelagics are part of the show!
- Boo Windows, for the wide angle photographers!! After spending your non-decompression time following the ridge and the pinnacles of the site, you will be excited to cross a beautiful 10 meters deep plateau covered of bid boulders and surprised by the famous Boo windows in the last 5 meters.
- Yiliet Kecil, famous for all the red sea fans covered with white dots.
- Dunia Kecil, is a superb site to spot for pygmy seahorses and “lady bugs”
- Barracuda Rock, wall with overhangs and lots of fish action. Solitary and yellow fins barracudas. Giant trevallies are well-known to be resident there.
- 4 Kings, one of the highlight of Misool. 4 submerged pinnacles in the middle of nowhere. Pelagic action, soft corals, fishes and fishes…
Day 6 & 7
FARONDI – BALBULOL
6 – 7 dives in those spots:
- Wagmab, looking for wobbegong sharks resting under ledges or on top of cup corals.
- Farondi Cave, surprising site with a cave, a swimthrough and a nice wall with overhangs.
- Dinghy ride around the splendid lagoon of Balbulol. Sugar leafs, crystal clear water and amazing landscapes.
- Goa Besar, consists of super cial shelved gardens of yellow-coloured soft corals, wall tops blanketed with plate corals, leather corals, yellow and purple sea squirts and rounded hollows filled with coral shrubberies.
- Macro Rock, will let the photographers satisfied as well.
- Love Potion, getting a bit more current here! Let’s be part of the jacks or batfish gathering!
- No Contest, a submerged ridge in the Balbulol area.
Overnight sailing to Batanta
Dive 1: Reflexion Reef, paradise for macro lovers!
Dive 2: Happy Ending, is another of Batanta’s best critter sites.
Dive 3: Algae Patch, this is one of the leading muck dive sites in Raja Ampat and divers often spend an entire day diving here. Overnight sailing to Fam Island.
Dive 1: Melissa’s Garden, Another chance to visit the fabulous coral garden.
Dive 2: My Reef, is a submerged ridge with a wonderful hard coral garden and a hotspot for fish activity.
Dive 3: Keruo Channel, is a spectacular wall covered in colourful sponges and nudibranchs.
Amazing landscapes and bays, climb Pianemo hill for the MUST Shot !
Day 10 & 11
DAMPIER STRAIGHT – SORONG
Dive 1: Manta Sandy, cleaning station for manta rays.
Dive 2: Cape Kri, one of the Dampier Straight highlight. An impressive marine life. Large school of barracudas, big eyes trevallies, sweatlips, snappers, Encounter with grey reef and blacktip sharks, spanish mackerel, turtles…Intense! Heading back to Sorong (4-5 hours), dinner on land and night on board.
End of the trip and transfer to airport according to your flight schedule.
The route and dives are always organized according to the weather conditions, the currents and tides.